Google
 

Friday, June 20, 2008

So

Posted 19/07/08
So yesterday I did my first interview ever, which I will post soon, I'll have to tidy this blog up quite a bit before that. I'm on it.
Great new music in my hands, amongst them the mainstream Colplay's new cd, Brandi Carlile (who I've just discovered) and Alanis Morisette's "Flavors of entanglement". I thought this last cd would be a weak one, based on what I had overheard, but while it's not as refreshing or innovative as others of hers were, she's still got it, specially as far as lyrics go. "Straitjacket" is one of the most agressive-electronica tracks, and "Not as we" is another one of the songs that trap you the quickest, capturing the most painful moments after a breakup: the first steps forward (only she comes up with lines as "I'm faking it 'til I'm pseudo making it"...). She's really brave to put herself on the line like that, specially considering the circumstances. & She's not the only one, I've just discovered Juliana Hatfield's myspace and she really opens herself up too in her blog, if you don't believe me read this -and while you're there, listen to "Shining on", great song on, let's say, one of the last steps of most break-ups: giving up on trying to understand why-. Brandi, on the other hand, gives estranged relationships (ex-friends, family...) a poignant spin in songs like Wasted or Turpentine. Tons of honesty, for a change.

No comments: