Google
 

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Mann Center in Philadelphia

REM, Death cab for cutie and quite a few more are playing in it this summer, so I figured I'd post some info on it.
As opposed to the Tower Theater, the Mann center has a decent website that includes photos and a complete seating chart (if you click on the "seating chart" under "tickets" you will only see a very general one. If you want to see a proper one you'll have to select an event as if to purchase tickets and then, when a tiny seating chart appears to the right click in "view detail", there you'll see each numbered seat. Weird way to do it but ...). Still these pics I took when I went there might come in handy to get a better idea. And if somebody is wondering how the orchestra section boxes are (like I was back then), you can also see them here (click on them to enlargen).




TIPS:
1. If during Summer, remember: this venue is in the middle of "nature" (=mosquitoes) so you better put on some repellent.
2. There's more than a few bars here and there where you can buy drinks and food (ice cream, beverages, food,...) .
3.Parking: when you make it to the venue, you can't miss the signs and all the parking employees directing you to it, which is basically the grass. Depending on how lucky you are when assigned your parking spot you may have to walk more or less (2 to 5 minutes) Costs $10.
Below are some pics I took in July'08 with the food they offer. Just one last thing, if the info here is useful to you, could you please consider signing this petition on care2 to regulate flights so that children with food allergies travel safer. I would greatly appreciate it - thank you!.
Labels: Mann center pit area, Mann center boxes, Mann center pics, Mann center philly pictures, Mann Center eat food

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thank you for this.

I have Orch Left row D seats for a concert and I'm thinking of upgrading to pit.

1) how are the sight lines in Orch Left? Is it ok?
2) Are the pit seats still seats? It's not a free for all is it?

infotaupe said...

Hi, thanks for visiting.
1. If you see the first pic in my post on the Mann (with singers onstage) that was taken from row E, seat 34 (right). From there I could see all the musicians but one who stood quite to the right.
2. Pit seats were numbered seats (at least in the concert I attended).
Hope it helped!

Anonymous said...

Be careful if you're going to purchase lawn seats for someone very popular ie- James Taylor.
They totally oversell the lawns section and it's a mess. Your lawn chairs become cement path chairs.

Anonymous said...

Very helpful. Planning my first visit. Was curious about planning to eat after I arrived. Photo of concession stand helped.

Anonymous said...

heh i googled mann center pit and got your blog to see where my seat would be i am going to buy. turns out, your arrow to 'pit' is my exact seat. thanks for your help. did people tailgate in the parking lot prior?

infotaupe said...

You're welcome. Regarding parking, they open quite in advance, and there's parking people directing the traffic to different parking entrances so it's pretty smooth. There's also plenty of spaces so I didn't have any problem.

infotaupe said...

Oops, I think I did not understand the "tailgating" thing well. Partying in cars, no idea, don't recall seeing any of that though.

Anonymous said...

I googled information about the Mann Center and was directed to this blog. Very helpful information! If I buy tickets for the terrace, how is that section organized? Is it seats or will it be like the lawn section?

Thanks for posting!

infotaupe said...

Can't remember, but this is what a ticket website says: "Terrace seating is not under cover. Open seating is available on the lawn, located directly behind the terrace"...should be seats but...confirm if you can, thnx!

Anonymous said...

Was wondering how Right Center section C (circle) seats were? Its row B. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

in iwas wondering if seats in the left pit were o.k.

infotaupe said...

I'd say pretty good, you can see the pit in the first pic (you can click on it).