Google
 

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Adele at the World Cafe

Seems Adele describes her music as "heartbroken soul". Thing is, she opens her mouth, your jaw drops. Amazing voice that sings so effortlessly... Can't say that I like most of her songs (a couple of them I really love though), but I really like the voice (and don't miss her website's great video player).
A pic:

Uploaded this vid of her encore, a cover of Sam Cooke's "That's it, I quit, I'm moving on". She had finished her set (the only part that is being broadcast) and she had a show that night, still she played this one more song for us. Thumbs up-
Listen to the concert: XPN's archives here.
Gossip: I almost bumped into her as she was getting out of an elevator and a few inches away she is pretty tall, way less plump, very white and has a lovely English face, beautiful in a non standard soft way. Well, my ideal of beauty is in sync with the feelings you get when you look at someone. Looking at plastic, empty faces with swollen lips that can only articulate nonsense , that's a pain, if they are "beautiful".
PS Feb: saw her yesterday at the Grammys, she's sabotaging herself with that make up and those grandma dresses, she looks so much better in the flesh.

2 comments:

William Kates said...

Thanks for that video, looks and sounds great. Love it when artists do something like that for the audience. I would agree both that her voice is amazing and that the album is uneven. I do like her cover of "Make You Feel My Love" better than just about any other that I've heard. Nice review of the show too, it's been way too long since I've made it to a Free at Noon.

infotaupe said...

Hey Bill, thanks so much!. Some FANs are really fantastic, hope you can make it to at least a few soon!
(ugg, work!!)